Chocolate cake, 16.5g ENTIRE cake!


 

I'm helping my middle daughter with keto, so thought she would appreciate a chocolate cake!

175g soft butter - zero carbs

75ml melted coconut oil (if you prefer for budget or sustainability, you can swap this for butter.... I'm going for added flavour, but once her tastebuds change, I'll use butter) - zero carbs

200ml sugar free caramel cordial (purely for flavour, again, I will not use this once her taste has changed) - trace carbs

250g courgette flour - 5g total carbs

20g psyllium husk - zero carbs

75g van houten cocoa - 6.5g total carbs

10 eggs - 5g total carbs


Mix the butter, coconut oil & sweetener in a large bowl.  Mix the dry ingredients in a second bowl. Combined the dry/wet & eggs, mix until it resembles a thick cake batter.  Spoon into your baking tin (I used a 28cm shallow frying pan) and cook in a preheated oven at 160℃ for 22-25 mins, allow to cool in the oven, or if you like it super moist, eat whilst warm - with a scoop of mascarpone of course 😉

Sliced into 12 = 1.37g total carbs per slice

Sliced into 16 = 1.03g total carbs per slice



The sugar free cordial & the van houten cocoa;





Comments