Vanilla cupcakes, 1.04g carbs each.


I wanted to make madeleines for brekkie, but shock horror, I don't have a madeleine tin - those that know me and the amount of 'regular' baking I used to do, might be surprised lol!
So, vanilla cupcakes it is....

This will make 7 cupcakes at 1.04g total carbs each.

120g butter (room temp), zero carbs
100g almond powder, 4.9 carbs
10g psyllium husk, trace carbs
3 eggs, 1.8g carbs
Vanilla powder, trace carbs
Half tsp baking powder, 0.6g carbs

Mix the butter, almond powder, psyllium husk, vanilla and baking powder.  Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
Spoon into cupcake cases/a muffin tin.
Cook at 180℃ for 20-22 mins (time may vary, I still have just one working fan in my oven....)
Let cool and enjoy.... Or, for an extra treat, whilst still warm, allow 1 square of Lindt 99% excellence to soften on top (0.19g carbs), yum!



Comments